Thursday, April 9, 2009

Baptism










Saludos en el amor de Jesus,
Ministry here is amazing. The kids at the mission school are starting to play with me more and the youth is growing more. The youth worship band is getting a little better. The church is growing really fast. I remember the first time I was there on sunday morning the church was fill with 30 to 40 people and now we don't even have enough chairs and space for the people to sit. I have to stand up during the service. I have great joy in our Lord Jesus Christ for allow me to see such a grow. I know God will do great things in this ministry. In the begining of February the pastor gave an anouncement of a baptism on february 9 for all the believers on the churh. He also gave an hour long class to all the people who raised their hand to be in the baptism. I felt conviction from the Lord because I never been baptize before but I did not raise my hand nor attend the class. When I went home I spent some time studying about baptism and why should we do it. The day came and after the sunday morning service I get to talk to a guy who wasn't sure about the baptism. I got my bible and started to teach him about baptism. At the end of our talk I knew I have to be baptize too. I did not tell anyone about it and I was still thinking if I supposo to do it or if I should wait. We all went to the beach and we decided to do the baptism at the river that touches with the sea. the water is always still and clean. Then the people started to be baptize and when I saw that the guy I was ministering to step up and decided to be baptize I decided to be baptize too. This was a big thing for me because I was giving up my roots and traditions from my parents and my country for the baptism of water and spirit. The cool thing about this baptism was that I was being baptized with the people God sent me to minister to. The water was a little cold and I was scared and happy. When I was getting in and out of the water I thought of the great sacrifice Jesus did for me and that the only thing He required for me was to believe in His name and follow His comandments. I thank God for all that He has done for me and for the promises He gave to me.
In Christ,
Cesar Rodriguez

2 comments:

Joshua Dean said...

Awesome Cesar - it's great to hear the news of your Baptism. Praise the Lord.

Mandy said...

way to go Ceasar! Praise God!